Learn More About Invisalign Treatment
What Are Invisalign Braces?
- Invisalign braces are the invisible way to straighten your teeth without metal braces.
- These braces use a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets like traditional dental braces.
- Invisalign invisible braces have been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontics practices nationwide. In fact, over 70% of all U.S. orthodontists are certified to treat patients with Invisalign clear braces.
How Do Invisalign Braces Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each Invisalign aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move - little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position your orthodontist has prescribed.
- You'll visit your orthodontist about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your Invisalign braces treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of Invisalign aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Are Invisalign Aligners Made? You'd Be Amazed…
The Invisalign aligners are made through a combination of your orthodontist's expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
» Return to Orthodontic Dentistry Articles Library